This London pub was until quite recently in Cambridgeshire. The strange part is ..the pub never moved. First built in 1546, The Tavern, along with the nearby Chapel of St Ethaldreda, Ely Place (and at the time an orchard, vineyard and fine gardens), were all subsequently walled off and declared part of Cambridgeshire by the Bishops of Ely and their men who used it as their private residence when visiting London. Until as recently as the 1970s, thieves targeting the nearby jewellery stalls would hide out in the Old Mitre Tavern as it lay beyond the jurisdiction of London Police!
With thanks to fancyapint.com